So we are FINALLY moved into our new place in downtown Dallas and we love it...for the most part.
So I will give you some of the highlights and low lights of the new place:
Things that are not so awesome:
1. Our neighbors are huge fans of techno - we can hear the thump through the walls. I guess I am getting old but do not blast your raver music at 10:30 p.m.
2. We have limited kitchen cabinet space so all of our things are "carefully arranged" in the cabinets. I am afraid I may die a "pots and pans death" when I open the doors.
3. We have very limited closet space.
4. We now have to share a bathroom.
Things that are awesome:
1. We can walk to almost anything downtown. Maybe I will lose some of my married-lady weight.
2. We were able to make two bedrooms out of what was supposed to be a one bedroom loft. Go us!
3. People watching is prime from any window in our apartment.
4. Gizzy can sit on the couch and bark/whine at all the passing cars and people on Main Street. This is his new favorite past time.
5. We can see a beautiful sunset in between two buildings everyday...this is my favorite. Micky wanted to cover-up that window with the entertainment center. I wasn't having that. :)
Other things to note:
Moving is not fun. Packing, moving, unpacking...ugh! Next time we move will be when we buy a house. I swear. No more moving for this chick. I need a nap. Pictures will hopefully be coming soon - once we get our computer situation straight.
August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we are old. did you forget? Hello, I will have two children before 26. I might be younger than you guys, but I am aging myself with all of these little babies running around!
Glad you got moved! Do you even have a clue how we feel? We move every 3 months! It stinks! Toby and Gizz are so the same family! He does the same thing, it drives me crazy :)
I thought you would never post again! Glad you found the log in section. Loves, P
Post a Comment